Wednesday, February 5, 2014

35 Week Belly Pictures, but 36 Weeks Pregnant and Dilating

I am 36 weeks now and had an appointment today.  I was one and half centimeters dilated and she is head down ready to go.  It is hard to believe we are this close to having another little baby in our family, but it has crept up on us and now I really don't feel ready.  I have nothing packed or really even thought of to be ready to throw in a bag, car seats are down from the attic but we need to put one in the car, I suppose I should get a little gift for Conrad and take him to get baby sister a little something too.  I know that if none of that happened we would be able to get what we needed and it would all come together fine, but it is strange to feel so unprepared since with Conrad of course I had had time to think about all of these details.

I am not really ready at work either, I have some documenting to do so that someone can do the work I usually do with a little something to follow beside their memory of me showing them once. All along I planned on being at work through this month and this one more payroll cycle, so I am pretty sure my back up is not ready for me to no be there and needs this one more cycle to get comfortable with the thought of being on his own.  I hope he will be okay, I know they will get by somehow, but I am really the only one who does what I do.

Here is an updated belly picture.  It was from a week ago, so 35 weeks.  I am measuring a centimeter bigger than I did with Conrad at this stage.  This one is more right out front and my belly button has just about fully popped out which didn't happen with Conrad.



We recently went to the beach to get out of town.  It was gorgeous but very cold.  Conrad didn't care he wanted to play in the water and sand.  I was the one who couldn't take the cold wind.  I just can't bundle this belly up the way I could bundle myself before.




Conrad is playing make believe more and more lately.  In particular he keeps playing that my parents dog is here and will talk to Ginger and giver her treats or tell her not to take his snack.  It is very cute and I love how his little mind is thinking about things.  He has a great memory and is becoming very inquisitive about things.

I hope he will not be too troubled when this new baby comes.  He does talk about her coming soon and that she will play with him.  I tell him he will hold her and kiss her and help mommy and daddy take care of her.  He seems to be ready, but I do worry he will act out and have some trouble adjusting.

I am trying to convince myself I am ready for all of this but I'm not entirely sure.  I guess we will just figure it out as we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ketogenic "Keto"

Many of you know that Kris and I started eating by a ketogenic diet. A lot of people haven't heard of this way of eating and have been a...