Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall and the Pumpkin Patch

Conrad is 14 months old now.  He walks everywhere and sometimes seems like he is trying to run and jump.  He is going through that seperation thing children do and seems to cry every time I leave him which hurts my heart, but I know he has a good day at daycare or with dad so I try not to let it get into my head too much.  He has 4 molars broken through, the 4th is still working its way in and I think it has been causing some trouble for him since his sleep has been back to not so good this past week.  He wakes and just can't seem to settle back down again.  He has learned the work no and has said it back to us a couple of times, but not with any real understanding of what he is saying.  He say cha for cup and seemed to be saying car today and has said truck, well we think, and maybe shoe.  He chatters a lot and points at things and says stuff but sometimes I don't know if I am just hearing shoe because he is pointing at it or if he really said what sounded like shoe.

Last weekend Conrad and daddy went to the pumpkin patch with his cousin, grandparents, and aunt and uncle.  I had a dear friend's baby shower and a mini break from mommy-ness.  I guess Conrad was a bit fussy at the pumpkin patch even though he had slept well and I thought he might be a pretty good mood.  Somehow it seems like Kris and Conrad picked out the ugliest pumpkins the patch had, we have a weird green one and a bumpy warty orange one.

Happy

Not Happy
Okay

Not Okay
Fun

Not so Fun
Do we notice a theme in the pictures.


A favorite






This weekend we are going to Seattle for the Beaver Huskie game.  My Aunt and grandma are going to watch Conrad for us.  I think it will be some fun but I am concerned about how late the game is and getting back to my Aunts late with Conrad waking at night and early in the morning and us needing to get back on the road to get home.  Also I hate to mess anything up with Conrad's sleep routine since we are still struggling to get him settled into sleeping well.  Oh well we are headed to a travel holiday time where we will be disrupting his schedule anyway I guess.  Hope the Beav's can keep up the wins.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should frame the one labled "a favorite" IT is a GREAT picture even if he isn't happy in it and it IS a part of where he is at. I have a couple shots of his cousin looking pretty upset that are favorites of mine so I totally relate (I guess we are sisters after all)

    ReplyDelete

Ketogenic "Keto"

Many of you know that Kris and I started eating by a ketogenic diet. A lot of people haven't heard of this way of eating and have been a...