Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Baking


We have been trying to stay entertained indoors.  We also filled his tent with pillows but that just made him think he had to go to sleep and he didn't want to stay too long just in case.


I did do a little Christmas baking this past weekend.  I made my cake ball stuffed chocolate chip cookies.  they were a bit of work with many steps but turned out very tasty.


I made fudge, which I thought turned out right, but then it really didn’t set up like it should have and is a big melty mess.  Oh well it will be good over ice-cream.


And I made Kahlua cookies.  These are good but a crunchier cookie and I prefer soft cookies so not my favorites.


Also I don’t know how many of you have noticed that now on the front of the sugar bag it totes that there are only 15 calories in a teaspoon, I don’t want to think about this because you don’t want to know how much sugar was in all of these recipes, far more than a measly teaspoon, in fact I don’t think I have ever seen a recipe that uses sugar and only takes a teaspoon.  I am not sure this 15 calorie label is really helping the sugar company any.


So Christmas baking done, now on to wrapping; for a year when I thought we would have less gifts, somehow we still ended up with quite a few under the tree.  Oh well, we can’t help ourselves and love the giving season.
Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ketogenic "Keto"

Many of you know that Kris and I started eating by a ketogenic diet. A lot of people haven't heard of this way of eating and have been a...