Friday, October 4, 2013

Baby is Growing and So is Big Boy


So the belly is starting to show.  This is at about 15 weeks and I am about 17 now.  I am not doing nearly as well at documenting already!  Sorry baby #2.

I just ordered my Halloween costume, I am wearing it to my sister-in-laws spooktacular baby costume themed shower too so I can't give up the surprise yet, but I think it is clever.

By now the baby's arms legs and trunk have caught up to the size of his or her head. This week my little one starts to plump up a bit more, as body fat, called adipose tissue, helps produce and retain body heat. This is a time of tremendous growth too and my fetus might measure up to 6.8 inches and weighs nearly 5 ounces or is about the size of a pear. My little one has been working on two basic reflexes for a few weeks: sucking and swallowing. By the time he or she is born, they'll have nearly all the reflexes that I do.

On October 15th we will find out if we are having a boy or a girl.  I am doing a little reveal party at work, but beyond that haven't really figured out a fun way to tell everyone.

Conrad is getting big too, he has grown out of his pants and some shirts.  We just ordered some more new shoes, and well he is just acting older and talking a ton.  he still loves his boo though, we haven't pried that thing away.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ketogenic "Keto"

Many of you know that Kris and I started eating by a ketogenic diet. A lot of people haven't heard of this way of eating and have been a...