Friday, March 10, 2017

Clearly I Don't Keep Up

I am really not keeping up with this thing, it has been almost a year since my last post.  I think about putting something on here and then don't and think I will keep up with it again and then don't...

This time my push is that I am considering leaving my only other social media spot, Facebook.  I have decided Facebook has become too much about funny videos, ads, and political views (my own included) that I am missing what I originally went there for, pics of my friends and their families, keeping up with the going on of the people I know.  Maybe I need to finally join Instagram sine I am looking for snapshots of everyone's lives in an effort to stay tuned in on what is going on with them.

For my those who keep an eye on me and my family here is an update:

Mallory just had her 3rd birthday.  She is very into princesses and pink and purple.  So we had a Rapunzel party.  She had so much fun just playing with her friends and cousins and was so delighted with her cake and gifts.  She even got a girly big girl bike that she took right off on with no problem.  If only it would stop raining so much maybe we could really get out and enjoy it more.  She has fully potty trained now. She was going pee pee on the potty for a little while, but not really consistently.  We just pushed her to wear panties and made it happen and now she can go all night without a pull-up.  She still struggles with going poo a bit.  We now have her taking a kids chew-able pro-biotic that really seems to help if we keep consistent with giving it to her.  Her other big change is that she gave up the boo's (pacifiers).  We put them in a princess bag and in the mailbox to send to the princesses.  I told her the princesses would give them to new babies who needed them.  There were a few times she asked for it and a few times she even reminded herself she gave them away, but she has been fine with it. She did seem to wonder why she ever decided to give them to those darn princesses.  Mallory has a sassy, bossy, strong willed personality.  She wants things her way, but is mostly a sweet little girl.  Recently we started taking swimming lessons.  She is in level one where they mostly work on getting the kids used to the water and unafraid to move about, put their faces in the water or jump into the pool.  She LOVES this. She talks all day about going to swimming lessons and having gone to swimming lessons.  I am very excited to have her start into preschool this fall ans see how she loves that new environment with more children and regular organized activities.

Conrad is coming to the end of his first year of formal school, Kindergarten.  He has been attending a primary school in Philomath Oregon which only has classes for Kindergarten and first grade.  This has been really nice as it is easing him into the larger school environment. He has really bloomed this year, taking off with his reading and math skills.  His writing still needs practice, of course, but he is doing pretty good overall. Conrad is in level three in swimming.  He has so much more confidence now taking off on his own.  He can swim across the pool on his own but still has the teacher there for some security.  He is working on taking a breath and then continuing on.  They also just started the Dolphin stroke which is a little strange for him. We have signed him up for T-Ball this spring too.  He and dad have hit in the back yard a bit and he really doesn't need the T.  It will be fun to see how he likes this organized team sport since it will be his first time doing something like this. For some time Conrad has complained about headaches.  We have had his eyes checked, but as the problem persists we are pursuing this further. We now will head down the path of an MRI to ensure there isn't anything unexpected in his noggin, but will again see the eye doctor to see if glasses might be in order.  I know I have what they call hard eyes where I can pass an eye test with 20/20 vision, but my eyes work hard to do that and get tired out from working that hard. Maybe his eyes are tricking us too.  Conrad is a sweet boy who wants to do things right ans as asked.  He cares about others and wants to be included as much as he wants to include others (mostly).

Kris' company is doing really well.  They are busy as ever and have some big jobs coming up; a lot of retirement villages being built and remodeled, getting ready for the baby boomers.  He tries to Golf whenever he can and wants to be bass fishing, if only he had more time.
I am enjoying work and finding time to get out with girl friends here and there. I am still with OSU, but I am back in the Central payroll office and doing work auditing payroll records, ensuring compliance with payroll tax laws and proper reporting and helping all of our international employees report earnings and deductions correctly.  While I still struggle with some arthritis issues I am doing better than I was a year ago and am finding ways to manage this pain.
The biggest change in our lives right now is really with my parents.  They have sold our property in the San Juan's and bought a house only a few blocks from Kris and I in Albany. While they are still in some transition until they close on the house in Oregon they have been staying right next door to us.  It has been nice to have the help when we needed it and be able to include them on things we do.  Also them having dinner ready for us when we get home from swimming has been a real treat 😏.  Soon they will have their house and we will all get to work fixing it up to be more their own.  I think they will be glad to get settled and then we will all adjust to being so near by.  Maybe Kris and I will have to move, hahaha, just kidding we are glad to have them here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ketogenic "Keto"

Many of you know that Kris and I started eating by a ketogenic diet. A lot of people haven't heard of this way of eating and have been a...