Friday, October 25, 2013

Monsters Are Coming

Okay so Conrad has been almost on the obsessed side of monsters lately.  He wakes up at night and was saying he heard monsters or monsters were coming.  The two times he woke up last night he couldn't verbalize what the issue was so I am not sure if he is hearing things, dreaming, or it is all in his head, but I am pretty sure Halloween is not going to help things.

We have tried the monster spray idea - although we didn't really stick with it.  This is where you get a spray of some sort or a spritzer bottle of water and say it is monster spray and it gets rid of and keeps them away.  We have tried reading a book I have about monsters and the boy needing his monster to come back, and we have watched Monsters, Inc. to show him how afraid the monsters were of the little girl and how friendly they were (but that movie is actually kind of scary how they are trying to get the girl and steal her screams).

I haven't really decided if we will take Conrad out trick or treating at all or just answer the door at home this year, but I am not sure if he sees anyone in scary costumes if that will help at all or just make it worse.

I guess another boy at daycare has been waking up with bad dreams too so Ronnie, our daycare mom had a fun little art project for the boys.

 I love that this looks like Mike and his snake haired girlfriend from Monsters, Inc.

Last night Conrad was playing with Kris' shoes which sort of made him look like Frankenstein.



Baby number two is kicking and jumping like crazy.  She is growing and I am starting to be showing (ha that rhymed).


My baby's eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed now, and she can blink.  Now her initial fluttering movements will turn into fully-fledged kicks and nudges and I am noticing it is generally around time to eat that she really gets active.
She is about three quarters of a pound and 10 1/2 inches long or around the size of a carrot (in length anyway).
 
                                         

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting about the baby girl you are having. They are so much fun and so different from boys. I will keep checking back to progress. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Ketogenic "Keto"

Many of you know that Kris and I started eating by a ketogenic diet. A lot of people haven't heard of this way of eating and have been a...