Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Summer, Where Did You Go?

So I know I have not posted anything in a very long time.  Summer has kept us very busy and I just couldn't seem to get to this.  Even as I write this I know I have pictures on the camera at home I should add but I don't have them here to use.

July started off well with Conrad and I visiting my parents in the San Juan's.  The weather was gorgeous and it was so nice to get away and spend time with my sister, brother in law, and niece.  Conrad went in the row boat and even sat on a paddle board.  he loved the water of course, even though it is too cold for my blood.  The fourth of July was its usual silly fun and we had a nice picnic with friends who stopped by.  Conrad did not make it to see fireworks, maybe next year.

We had a BBQ at our place with friends and all of the kids, we seem to be at a time where there are many toddlers in our lives and more and more adding to the bunch.  It is so fun to have all of the friends to play with, Conrad enjoys the company.  It was so good to see all of these fun folks too. It seems like it has been a very long time since we had all been able to get together and catch up.

At the end of July we had a good day at cousin Charlie's birthday.  Again Conrad loved splashing in the water with Charlie, both seemed to keep busy transferring water from the kid pool to bucket to cup and back and forth again.  They are growing up so fast and seem like little people now not so much babies.

I was gone for the first week in August.  i went to Santa Barbara for a work conference. It was a good conference and I had a good time.  Conrad seemed to be happy to see me, but so to bother by my being gone.   Kris did a great job with him while I was gone too and everything went very smoothly.  It was nice they got some father son bonding time, Conrad copies Kris on everything these days.  He must do what daddy does, especially hitting golf balls in the yard.

Last weekend we went to Yachats and played on the beach.  We stayed in a nice beach house there that our friends own (they are selling if you are looking) and had a good relaxing weekend with our Portland based friends and their girls.  As usual Conrad loved the water and running on the beach, digging with his dump trucks and especially throwing big rocks into the tide pools.  He has no problem just getting in and getting dirty.

This week my mom is hear watching Conrad while daycare is on vacation and we will have a little BBQ and birthday for Conrad on Saturday.  His birthday is Thursday and he actually has his two year well baby scheduled that day, I think he gets shots.  Maybe not the best way to spend your birthday, but he wont even know or remember.

The summer brought some other fun news for our family in July I found out I am pregnant and we will be having another little one in March.  We are very happy to add a brother or sister for Conrad.  I think he will be a good big brother once he gets the idea.



Climbs the ladder now

Goes on the big slide at the park





Loves his cars

Really really loves his cars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ketogenic "Keto"

Many of you know that Kris and I started eating by a ketogenic diet. A lot of people haven't heard of this way of eating and have been a...