Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Our Family Grows

Last Monday, February 24th, 2014 our new daughter, Mallory Elise, joined us in the world.

After I had been at work all day feeling fine and not at in labor I came home and started to have some sharp pain.  The pain was pretty intense but very sporadic in time and so localized where i felt it that it didn't seem like contractions but maybe she was just setting wrong and pinching something... as the pain continued we decided to call the doctor.  I talked to her around seven asking if this could be it or just false labor that would go away.  She said she would wait another hour or so and go off of timing the contractions rather than the intensity of pain.

we kept timing and I kept trying to change positions and see what I could do to ease it.  Nothing seemed to really help and the definitely weren't going away.  We called Kris' mom to come be with Conrad and she was on her way.

About eight I finally said I couldn't wait anymore we needed to go.  Kris saw the clock at home reporting it was 8:15 as we were heading out.  Mallory was born at 9:03 and it takes about 20 minutes to get to the hospital from here, maybe 15 with the pressure Kris was feeling as he drove faster than normal.  We pulled into the emergency parking and while Kris went to get a wheelchair I got out of the truck.  As I stood my water broke.  We got up to labor and I barely got into bed.  The nurse checked me and saw that I was crowning and very quickly a midwife was there while my doctor was called in and we were pushing.

All went well and fast of course, my doctor just got there in time, and we are all healthy.

I was a mess just thinking this was all really happening and it being so sudden.  I was not prepared to go without an epidural.  It was such a whirlwind there was just no time to process.  Conrad was there in the room the whole time; Grandma got there just a little bit later, but he was fine and now likes to talk about going to the hospital and getting better.

Mallory was 8 pounds 3 ounces and 20 inches long. 





Her are some more cute ones of both kids.


waiting to go home.




Love this one

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ketogenic "Keto"

Many of you know that Kris and I started eating by a ketogenic diet. A lot of people haven't heard of this way of eating and have been a...